Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sophie Kinsella

I am very hesitant to create a post about this author, but I am running out of authors that I read religiously and read multiples of their books. I have tried up until this point to more or less sound slightly sophisticated in my book and author selection. I mean I know I haven’t been choosing any classics or anything because really at my age those aren’t appealing to me yet, except I do like Dostoevsky. I haven’t really had a chance to try any Faulkner of Chaucer or anything like that so maybe when I do I will end up liking them as well. I am digressing so much from my original point. Anyway, the author I have chosen is Sophie Kinsella because while I love a good book that has a message I also like to read for pure girly entertainment. It has been unfair of me to have hidden this side of myself for so long when I really am a closet teen fiction reader. I should probably start talking about Kinsella now. Her books are great. If you are looking for some lite, fun, entertainment, pick up one of her books. Her books may be catered more towards females, but heck women play football and men have long hair, so males branch out. Her most know series is the Shopaholic series and I have read all of the books in it and they are hilarious. Her characters are funny and relatable and it is an all-around good time reading it. I would recommend her books to anyone who just wants to read for pure enjoyment. She gets an 8 rating and yes, I know, everyone reading this is looking forward to the trailer I am about to post that corresponds with her book Confessions of a Shopaholic. (The movie is not as good as the book) Enjoy.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment