Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Shining...ish

Okay so, just noticed the time on a clock and I’ve got about 14 minutes to say what I want to say. I’ve been making some headway on The Shining and for lack of any original thoughts right now I’m going to talk about that. This book is very typical Steven King, really good writing and some horror moments thrown in every once in a while. I definitely haven’t gotten to the point where the scare factor picks up and every page you’re afraid and wanting to know more. Most of his books are like that, they start out as a lot of plot and character development that really hooks you into the story and a few creepy moments to keep you on your toes. Then the real horror starts and every page makes you want to hide under your covers. I would say so far The Shining is one of my favorite books of his and the way he setting up the plot I am so curious to see what happens next. This is a really long book, I think like a thousand pages, so it’s going to take me a while longer to finish it. I really don’t have much else to say about it, but thus far I would definitely recommend The Shining. I feel like because of my time crunch this was a sort of useless post about books so I feel like I should at least leave you with a joke or something. Ok, so here’s an English related joke:
Knock, Knock.
Who’s there?
To.
To who?
To whom.
Hope that was almost sorta funny =]
-J.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the joke...too scared to check out The Shining though...

    ReplyDelete