Monday, March 28, 2011

Toni Morrison

Alright so it is Spring Break. I am home finally; it is wonderful, I once again know what real coffee tastes like. My cat is staring at me while I’m trying to type this, makes things a little awkward, but I’ll do my best to continue. Toni Morrison is an author I have a little experience with; I have read four of her books and have found them to be incredible. The one that resonates strongest with me is Beloved. Morrison’s books are raw, passionate, and historical. She writes about African Americans, I’m not sure if exclusively, or if it’s just in the books I’ve read. But from my experience she writes about the African American race’s struggles historically and presently and it’s very moving. Her books are powerful, a word I use a lot but not lightly, and her stories are believable and a lot of the times upsetting and hard to swallow. I enjoy what I would call “realness” and the truth in her books, and how they make me cling on every word and want to know more. Toni Morrison gets a 9 out of 10 rating for the meaning and importance behind her books as well as the readability and entertainment they provide. I would really recommend checking out the book Beloved, it will leave you thinking about the story long after you have finished reading it. I clearly love posting trailers to go with the books I am talking about because I am posting yet another trailer to this book gone movie, and get this, Oprah stars in this movie so that is kind of cool.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment