Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Last Time Around

Goodbye Blog. This will be my last post and sadly there are no new reviews or anything. Unfortunately books don’t read themselves. Of course that would be a little sad because I hope it is obvious by now that I love reading. I think I’m going to end my posts with a little talk about reading and books and how much joy they can bring. I decided to create a blog about reading because reading is an escape and it’s an escape I welcome and love. It is easily one of my favorite hobbies, it is right up there with hiking and taking long walks alone or with company. If a book is good, it can take you to a place where you think about nothing else but what you are reading and you are essentially transported into the world of the book. I actually really love this book called Inkheart even though it’s more of a teenage book because it is about becoming a part of the pages of a story. It is about a father who when he reads aloud can bring characters out of a book and into the real world, and transversely can put people into the stories of a book. It’s great because that’s exactly how I feel when I read. I think I love Stephen King so much because his stories always leave me with that wanting to know more feeling and that I can’t believe it is over feeling. That goes for Tana French and Chuck Palahniuk as well. Eve Ensler makes me think and appreciate and David Sedaris just makes me laugh. I really wish I had more time and even had more determination to read because it is a lot better than TV, but I watch a lot more TV because it feels like it takes less effort for some reason. Also I need complete silence for reading and living in a dorm I don’t get a whole lot of that. Reading outside in the sunshine and among the trees is the absolute best. 
-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment