Saturday, April 16, 2011

Desperation

It’s been a rough weekend. Therefore, no books have been read. I have decided to talk about yet another Stephen King book that I read previously because that is the only idea in my head right now, and honestly the title sort of fits this bad weekend so at least I’ve got some reasons for the particular subject of this particular blog. The book is called Desperation. Did I already write about this book? I don’t think so; I think I just posted the trailer when I was talking about Stephen King in an earlier post. So Desperation is amazing.The first couple of pages has you hooked, and spoiler alert I’m giving it away now because literally you would read this as soon as you opened the book anyway. The book begins with a family driving down a highway in the middle of a desert and they see a sign, it may be the sign for the city Desperation or it may be a speed sign, but anyway they see the sign and there is a dead cat nailed to it. How greatly does the just set the tone for the entire book, it starts out and you're just like what? Then I will warn you it gets a little slow for a few chapters while they basically discuss character development and introduce you to the characters. The book is essentially a group of people coming together from all walks of life in this town and they have to defeat this supernatural presence that is after them all. The book gets so intense and so frightening as the story picks up and the ending is just as climatic. I would give this book a ten and recommend it to anyone who is not a scaredy cat. Also if Desperation interests you, I would also check out The Regulators which are the same exact characters, but a completely different story and they don’t know each other, it’s really cool. I’m including a picture of both the cover of Desperation and The Regulators because they actually fit together in a really cool way. That is all.

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment